Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Disgruntled Academia- WWO Leaves Trail of Pissed of Scientists in their Wake

Hello,

I recently read your blogspot about the fraud of Caleen Sisk Franco and the WWO. As a history graduate student a few years ago, I believe I fell victim to this fraud when working on my thesis project. The thesis was on the experience of the Wintu with the construction of Shasta Dam. I eventually had a shortened version of my thesis published in an Ethnic Studies journal following review by an editorial staff that including several Native American professors from Sacramento State University.

I cannot claim Indian heritage, however the injustices that the Wintu suffered in the face of the Central Valley Project were appalling to me. Mark and Caleen Sisk Franco, although they agreed to be interviewed initially, never took interest in my project after the paper was finalized and published. This seemed odd when I felt I had uncovered some significant historical information that might be pertinent to their legal case.

I write in part because I wish that my paper/research comes to some benefial use for legitimate Wintu tribal members. I'd appreciate if you could contact me by Email so I might learn more about who you are and perhaps send you a copy of the paper.

Sincerely,
[snip]
Cultural Historian

2 comments:

Nor Cal Blogger said...

Yo' Frank L.... whatcha' all big wigs down at state, doing to help get your own into CSU?

Nor Cal Blogger said...

Users, again please have respect when using thsi website, innacurate, inflammatory, derrogatory, slanderous comments, or vulgar langauge will be removed from the website immediately.

Repeated violations of this one small request by the editorsc will result in the ISP being blocked from this website.